Saturday, November 15, 2008



Yesterday, I wrote more words than I ever have in one day: 1670!

I kept resisting this one secondary character, but I let him in. Anything to get my word count moving. Just get to my quota, keep typing, do not leave the chair... Most of the scene was a big tell-all fest. I had envisioned this scene for a long time, and it is filled with holes. But that's for later. For now, I got it down and I have an idea of where the main character is going. At least for now.

You can see my ongoing total above.

For a middle grade novel, I'm shooting for 30K words, but who knows, maybe I'll write more. Maybe I'll write 50K and win NaNo.

Maybe...

2 comments:

Mary Atkinson said...

Go, Frances!

Michele Regenold said...

Way to go, Frances!

Is this novel historical or contemporary?